Saturday 22 November 2014

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer Review


Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Nude Eclipse - £6.49

I picked this up on my lunch break from work as a result of needing another piece of make up to get the 3 for 2 discount - story of my life. Admittedly I was in a bit of a hurry so didn't get the chance to have a proper look at the various colours and the description before I picked this one up.
I chose this as it was advertised as matte and, as you're sure to find out, I am a sucker for a matte lip colour. I love the Topshop Velvet Lips but unfortunately that only comes in two shades so I thought this would be a great nude alternative.
Unfortunately my first impressions are not great, it went on very glossy - like Velvet Lips - but it never really seemed to dry into the matte finish. I also found that when it did dry it looked a bit flakey and made my lips feel dry and cracked. I do prefer the applicator to the Velvet Lips as it gives much better coverage and is easier to control.
The colour it lovely and I'm hoping that when I get a bit more moisture in my lips it will work better but given the time of year I don't think I will be getting much use out of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment